TM-2 System Program (Ver.1.02)
This program will update the TM-2 system program to the latest version 1.02.
How to tell the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your TM-2.
- Turn TM-2 power on.
- While pressing down [ SHIFT ], press the [ INST ].
- Choose SYSTEM with pressing [ < ] [ > ] and press [ + ].
- Choose INFO with pressing to see the Version.
Note: If it shows the latest version 1.02 or later, there's no need to update your TM-2.
- Turn TM-2 power off.
[ Version 1.02 ]
[ Additional Functions ]
- Four new Trigger Type selection are available: "RT-30K", "RT-30HR", "RT-30H_SNR", "RT-30H_TOM."
- Advanced Noise Cancel Parameter specific for the "RT-30K" and "RT-30HR."
For details, refer to "About the RT-30's "Noise Cancel" Function" in the [ Owner's Manual ] ( RT-30_noise_je2.pdf ).
- Improvement when adjusting the Delay Time parameter beyond 128 ms.
What you will need to update your TM-2
- SD card
- A computer with an SD card connector or SD reader ( Windows or Mac )
- Update file ( Please download from this page. )
Cautionary information when performing the Update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the TM-2. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- We recommend that you use the "Backing up all data" function. Please use "Loading all data" function to re-load the backup data.
- Never turn off the power of the TM-2 while the update is in progress! If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the TM-2 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This could require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Opening the update file on your computer
Please open/extract the downloaded "tm2_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files named "_BOOTPRG.ES_."
- Start your computer, and then connect an SD card to the SD Card reader on the computer.
* Note: Be sure to format the SD card in your TM-2 before transferring the update files. (Refer to "Formatting an SD Card" in the TM-2 Owner's Manual)
- Copy the update file "_BOOTPRG.ES_" onto the root directory of the SD card.
* Note: Do not copy the "tm2_sys_v102" folder, and do not place the "_BOOTPRG.ES_" inside the "Roland" folder on the SD card.
- Un-mount the SD card through the correct procedure, and then disconnect from the computer.
- Connect the SD card to your TM-2 with the power turned off.
- Press and hold [INST] button and then press the power switch on the TM-2 to turn on the power. "TM-2 UPD V:1.02 Erasing Now" appears in the display.
* Note: The update process takes approximately 20 seconds.
- When "Turn power off and on again" appears in the display, the update process is complete.
- Turn the power off and on again.
- Load your backup data back in to the TM-2 if desired.